Oxford is slowly becoming a very desirable location, because it has a lot of advantages. It also has been the home for the oldest university in the world. Oxford University also happens to be one of the top five universities in the entire world. It has become within reach for a lot of business hubs like London, Bristol and more.
Oxford has always been loved by millions of people for being absolutely beautiful. It is just a couple of hours away from the capital of the United Kingdom.
The crime rate in Oxford is actually very less compare to other metropolitan areas. The house prices range from £500,000. This is actually quite affordable when compared to places like London.
There are a lot of awesome things about Oxford that you should consider when you are trying to open up a business there.
- Firstly, you should consider the population. There are more than 700,000 people in Oxford. This would give you a lot of opportunity when it comes to hiring worthy candidates for your company. You should also know that Oxford University pumps out some really good candidates. Oxford University also has some of the brightest minds in the entire world. This gives you the opportunity to snatch up some really worthy employees, and we can make sure that your company is strong by having amazing employees.
- As you might imagine, bike theft is actually very common in a lot of United Kingdom cities. More than 1800 bikes were stolen in the last year.
- Tourism also happens to be a very rampant thing in Oxford. The tourism industry in Oxford generates almost £1 billion for local businesses. This is a gigantic number that you should be considering because you might be one of those local businesses that might open up in Oxford. There will be a lot of people coming in to look at Oxford University and some other attractions in and around Oxford. That is why, if you open up a business that is geared towards tourism, you will actually end up being very economically fruitful.
- You should also understand that there are some amazing transport links in and around the city of Newcastle. There are two train stations. These train stations take you all around the United Kingdom. The city does not have an airport but, your nearest airport would be some of the London airports. You can either use Gatwick, Stansted or Heathrow.
- Oxfordshire business support happens to be the first place to visit for funding. You will also have fewer than 250 employees. The grant will be from £1000-£3000, depending on the type of the job.
- There are a lot of reasons for you to start in Oxford. First of all, you need to consider communication. Face-to-face communication is very easy, because it is a technological hub.
- There are some reasons as to why Oxford wins over the capital. There is a lot of space, including a very rich environment.